In a rush? You can set your watch by this workout! To really make you sweat, this session includes lots of plyometric (jumping) moves to raise your pulse rate and burn oodles of caloriesThe Guidelines
You will need a mat and stopwatch. If you have a set of medium-weight dumbbells and want to make it tougher, grab those as well.
Warm up by doing five minutes of cardiovascular exercise like the high knee exercise.
Set your stopwatch for three minutes and then perform 100 skips as quickly as you can without compromising form. Next, perform each of the five moves until the time is up.
Do the rounds below in order, taking a two-minute rest in between.
Warm up: high knees 1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by your sides. Draw your right knee up high, rising onto your toes, as you bend your left arm in a running action.
2. Lower your right leg and left arm, then repeat on the other side (left knee; right arm).
3. Gradually increase the pace of the move until you have started jogging. Exaggerate the high knee phase of the jog cycle by bringing each leg up until your knee is almost at hip level. Do three lots of one-minute rounds to warm up.
100 skips 1. Complete 100 skips and then perform the set move until time is up.
Tip: You can also take this session outside by swapping this move for a half-mile run and increasing the time per round to six minutes. No excuses.
1 Mountain climbers 1. Start in a high plank position with your wrists under your shoulders and your body in a straight line.
2. Hold your upper body in place and pull your left leg forward and under towards your left elbow.
3. Extend your leg back into the plank position and repeat on the other side. Continue alternating between your right and left leg.
2 Lunge jumps 1. Start in a standing position with one of your legs in front of you and the other behind, with both feet pointing forward.
2. Bend down into a lunge position with your front leg bent at a 90-degree angle and your back knee nearly touching the ground.
3. Push through both of your legs and jump straight up. Switch feet mid air (your front leg goes back and your back leg goes forward) and bend your knees to lunge back down as you land. That’s one rep. Repeat.
3 Plank walk-out 1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and fold forward at the waist.
2. Place your palms on the floor, bending your knees if necessary. Walk your hands forward to a plank position with your wrists under your shoulders.
3. Pause. Walk your hands back to your feet, stand up and repeat. Make it harder by performing a push-up before walking hands back to the start.
4 Squat jump 1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands in front of your chest.
2. Bend your knees to squat down as far as you can, then swing your arms back as you jump into the air. Use your arms to propel you upwards.
3. Land in the squat position and then jump back into the air. Repeat until the time is up.
5 Renegade row with push-up 1. Start in a high plank position with your wrists under your shoulders, your body in a straight line and your feet slightly apart. If you want to make it tougher, place a dumbbell under each hand.
2. With a flat palm, draw your right hand up towards your chest. If you have a dumbbell, row that upwards instead. Push through your left hand as you perform this action. When your hand or dumbbell is at chest height, lower it to the floor and repeat on your left side.
3. Next, perform a push-up and then repeat the sequence (right hand; left hand; push-up). Try to keep your body parallel to the floor and as still as possible.
Cool down: lying glute stretch 1. Sit with your knees bent, your feet flat on the floor and your knees slightly apart.
2. Lie back, placing your hands down beside you. Place your right ankle on your left knee and wrap both hands around your right thigh. Gently draw your right knee towards your chest until you feel a stretch in your right gluteals.
3. Hold for 10-15 seconds then release and repeat on your other leg.
Credit: Personal trainer: Sarah Ivory, Photography: CliQQ, Hair and make-up: Jo Adams, Model: Emma Atkins at W Model Management. Clothing: Top and leggings: Adidas by Stella McCartney, Trainers: New Balance with thanks to Stoke By Nayland, Golf and Spa