Impress your vegan friends with this delicious twist on the classic keylime pie. The cashew base provides a creamy and decadent texture, while the zesty lime gives it the perfect finish.
1 tbsp vegan spread, melted
4 medjool dates
260g cashews soaked overnight
1 scoop Vanilla Vega Essentials or Clean* Protein
120g maple syrup
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
½ tsp matcha powder (optional)
80ml lime juice
Zest of 4 limes (including zest of 1 lime to decorate cheesecake)
1. Place the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water, leave to soak for 4-6 hrs preferably overnight.
2. Place the walnuts, melted vegan spread and dates in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Line the base of a small loose bottom cake tin with a circle of parchment paper. Tip the crumb mixture into the cake tin and press into an even layer using the back of a spoon.
3. Place the soaked cashews along with the remaining cheesecake ingredients and the zest of 3 limes into the food processor and blitz until perfectly smooth.
4. Empty the cashew mixture on top of your prepared base and even out with a spoon or spatula.
5. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hrs to firm up before serving. Decorate with the remaining zested lime.